One of the leading Economists in the world
DR. SEETHARAMAN'S PROFILE
In 2017, he was recognized and conferred by the Government of India with the prestigious Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award, the highest honor conferred on overseas Indians by the Government of India.
Dr. R. Seetharaman was honored with the “Green Economy Visionary Award” in 2016 by the Union of Arab Banks for his contribution to promoting Green economies. He was also honored “Global Excellence Award in Renewable Energy 2017” by the Energy and Environment Foundation.
He was conferred with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” by The Banker Middle East to honor his contribution to the industry and his support for the environment and the business.
He has also been conferred the “Lifetime Achievement Award” from the Institute of Directors at the Global Summit.
He has been named “Best CEO in the Middle East” Six times in the last 15 years.
He is a prominent personality in the banking industry throughout the Middle East and being a high-profile economist, he is invited regularly by international media such as BBC, CNN, FOX, CNBC, Sky News, ABC, and Bloomberg to share his views.
Dr. R. Seetharaman, former Chief Executive Officer of Doha Bank since 2007, is a prominent personality in the banking industry throughout the Middle East, an economic expert who has achieved remarkable success for his contributions to Banking, Trade, Investment, Economics, Environment, Social responsibility, Philanthropy, and Charity. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a certificate in IT systems and Corporate Management, whilst being a gold medallist in his graduation Bachelor of Commerce.
He is the recipient of multiple doctorates from leading universities of the world, including 3 PhDs.
- Ph.D. in “Economic Implications of Global citizenship” by Sri Sharda Institute of Indian Management.
- Ph.D. in Global Governance at European University
- Ph.D. in Green Banking and Sustainability from Sri Sri University
- Doctorate of Laws by Washington College for his unique and valuable contribution to society in the field of banking and knowledge management
- Doctorate of Honoris Causa from European University for his contribution to global governance and social responsibility
- Doctor of Philosophy (Honorary) by Arts, Science and Technology University, Lebanon (AUL) for his valuable contribution to Banking and Finance.