Ikea slashes product prices in India by 16-39%
- Swedish furniture retailer Ikea has cut prices on a sizable part of its over 9,000 articles on offer in India. The price cuts range from 16-39 per cent across various product categories.
- The price cuts have been done courtesy of improvements in the overall sourcing, design, productdevelopment, packaging and vumes, Ikea India’s chief executive and chief sustainability officer SusannePulverer told PTI.
- Pulverer also added that the price cuts are not linked to inventory management, where a retailer offers a limited-period discounts on products.
Aero India exhibition: Airbus to hire fresh engg, IT talent at Bengaluru event, to create 13,000
- European aerospace major Airbus is planning to recruit fresh engineering and IT talent at Aero India in Bengaluru, where it is planning to host a public meet-and-greet session. Aero India 2023 will be held from February 13 to February 17 in Bengaluru.
- In a statement, the global aerospace firm said that the recruitment drive is part of its global drive under which it plans to hire more than 13,000 people globally for its industrial ramp-up, besides its ambitious decarbonisation roadmap and preparations for the future of aviation.
Big relief for Flipkart India! Karnataka HC grants interim stay on demand exceeding Rs 1,100 crore
- Karnataka High Court (HC) on Wednesday granted an interim stay to Flipkart India on demand of over Rs 1,100 crore. Additionally, the HC also mentioned in its interim order that no coercive action should be taken against the company till the next date of hearing on February 24, according to a media report.
- • The matter is related to the assessment year 2016-17 and 2018-19.
- • In arguing the case, Flipkart has submitted that the appellate orders have been passed in violation of the principles of natural justice as the documents forming the basis of the findings were not provided to the company for rebuttal, CNBC reported.